Neurogaming Conference 2015: Highlights
Published on Neurogadget on 17 May 2015
The Neurogaming 2015 Conference and Expo took place in San Francisco on May 6-7 for a third year in a row. This year conference attracted over 750 attendees while the Expo featured over 50 leading companies! This year, the conference was dominated by applications aimed at improving health, wellness and education.
The technology showcased at the conference can be broken down into four major categories:
- Devices meant to record brain and physiological signals
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Heart Rate, and Skin Conductance
- Devices meant for brain stimulation (Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (TDCS))
- Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR), and motion capture
- ‘Cognitive Training’ software.
In the past year, there has been a massive push to improve the quality of EEG devices, and the change was evident in the quality of the products on display. Products like the Muse Headset, Neurosky Headset, and Emotiv EPOC continued to improve their user experience, and new products have come to the forefront of the consumer market.